PH Newsletter – Volume II – February 2017
Dear Perfect Honeymoons Friends,
We are delighted to share with you the latest news from Perfect Honeymoons!
IN THIS ISSUE
- **New Addition to the Perfect Honeymoons Team**
- 7 Scenarios that Call for the Expertise of a Professional, Human Travel Agent
- Things to Do in Charleston
Perfect Honeymoons is Excited to Welcome Luxury Travel Consultant, Heather Christopher to the Team!
In 2006 Heather began working in the travel industry when she was 19, as an entry level travel agent with nothing but her passion and personal travel experience to go on. Fast forward to May 2016 when she decided it was time to open her own agency, Heather Christopher Travel Consulting. President and Owner of Perfect Honeymoons, Jim Augerinos, and Heather ran in the same circles and would end up at the same industry events. Jim and Heather also decided to move away from the DC area around the same time. They both have a very similar mindset and feel strongly in creating lasting memories for their clients, establishing strong relationships with their global connections (they joke that their favorite game to play is “who do you know?”) and a passion for ensuring the longevity of their businesses for their daughters. It was a natural fit for Heather’s agency to affiliate under Perfect Honeymoons/Getaways Perfected and she was thrilled when Jim and Meghan welcomed her on board! Heather is extremely excited about being a part of the team and how we make our client’s trips so special, they don’t understand how they ever thought they could do it without us!
Heather’s specialty: Hawaiian Islands along with destination weddings and family focused itineraries!
Favorite Destinations Heather would highly recommend: Hawaii, always. If I had to pick a second favorite, it would be New Zealand.
Heather recently found her way back from: Charleston! (and now I know why Meg + Jim moved there!
She dreams of escaping to: Egypt
Where she is off to next: Greece in May!
When away, she is never far from : her iPhone
Best Travel Advice: Go with the flow! The unexpected is always the best part.
Favorite travel quote: “Who lives sees, but who travels sees more”
Hotel she wished she could live in: Four Seasons Hualalai, the Big Island, Hawaii
She predicts the next “It” destination will be: Slovenia
What she cannot travel without: her iphone charger and water
Fondest travel memories: Hiking Volcanos National Park on the Big Island with my husband just 6 other guests via Hawaii Forest + Trail – we were able to go off the beaten path, walk through lava fields and experience seeing the lava flow into the ocean while we ate dinner. It was one of the highlights of my life!
Most memorable meal: Ziggy Cafe, Cappadocia, Turkey – the food was very good, but the experience was what made it so special and memorable! We were treated like family, not customers and that always makes a difference.
7 Scenarios that Call for a Professional, Human Travel Agent:
Things to Do in Charleston, SC
We moved Perfect Honeymoons Headquarters to Charleston, SC over a year and a half ago and it has been one of the best decisions we have ever made! Our home has become a revolving door of family and friends and we love sharing with everyone what we love so much about Chucktown – the people, history, architecture, culture, food, weather and of course the salt life.
Here are the things we recommend you do when visiting the Holy City:
- Check out upcoming events at www.holycitysinner.com
- A carriage ride is a great intro to the city and gives you most of its highlights (Rainbow Row, The Battery, the Market, historic buildings and homes)
- Isle of Palm and Sullivan’s Island are our two favorite beaches and Folly Beach is also close to downtown. If you go to Sullivan’s you MUST do lunch at Obstinate
- Daughter (one of our “go-to” restaurants) or Poe’s if you need a hangover cure and are craving burgers or stop by Home Team BBQ for some wings and a game changer (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/the-game-changer)
- Shem Creek features “ego alley” for boaters and has plenty of fish/shrimp boats that pass by that the dolphins love to chase. You can also take a sunset/booze cruise out of there.
- Plantations have fabulous gardens and are perfect backdrops for photography (Boone Hall, Magnolia, Drayton Hall, Middleton Place)
- History buffs should take tours of Fort Sumter/Fort Moultrie
- South Carolina Aquarium for the kiddos and rare days we have rainy weather
- Angel Oak Tree on Johns Island is breathtaking
- Breweries – Holy City, Revelry, Palmetto, COAST, Lagunitas, Cooper River, Freehouse, Westbrook, Frothy Beard, Two Blokes, Ghost Monkey and many more. Call
- Jim aka Mr. Honeymoon to find out what his favorites are 703-748-3000
- King Street is a shopper’s paradise
Now that you know what you can do, contact us to tell where you should stay and we can book all your activities, hotel and restaurant reservations for you!
Stay tuned for Charleston Part II – Where to Eat!